Camaraderie is important to BAB Commercial. Office politics are not. Keeping our organization lean helps us move faster and respond quickly to client needs. We don’t believe in mounds of red-tape, unchangeable processes, or excessive decision-making chains. We strive to empower our employees and provide a culture that encourages them to self-perform at their highest level.
Our team consists of rigorously trained staff with combined experience of over 45 years in the Greater Bay Area. All personnel reside locally and are comprised of California licensed Property Managers, Property Accountants and administrative staff. Also, we have an in-house IT Department and do not outsource any of our accounting services. This helps to ensure our team can swiftly address your concerns without all the “red tape” Our professionals have not only multiple years of experience in their corresponding fields, but on-going training is a requisite to guarantee we are evolving with the constantly changing commercial real estate market.
- Shannon FreitagExecutive Vice President | Business DevelopmentWith over 30 years experience in the RE Industry, Shannon is a seasoned veteran who has worked for companies such as Trammell Crow, Spieker Properties and Orchard Commercial (almost 20 years), Her knowledge of Bay Area Real Estate is top notch and under her leadership we are able to offer unprecedented services to all of our clients. As a California licensed Real Estate Broker, Shannon offers services not only in property management, but leasing and construction management as well. Her clients have consisted of privately owned family investments and management of global companies based in the Bay Area such as Google, Inc. No matter the specific real estate needs your investment requires, Shannon is able to personalize all services, and ensure the best knowledge of market rates for your operating expenses and leasing rates.
- Marissa BorgmanDirector of Property Management | Marketing & Business DevelopmentAn experienced and versatile Senior Property Manager specializing in NNN and Full-Service, third-party management of commercial assets. With over 15 years of expertise in the RE industry, she brings a background of delivering exceptional service while achieving maximum revenue goals. Marissa is skilled in planning, idea development, and execution of Tenant and Landlord market-ready, T.I. and property improvement projects. She has a strong focus on maximizing revenue while increasing the value of your assets and advocating for ownership needs. Her extensive knowledge includes property and facilities management, service contract and lease negotiations, critical operation environments, institutional level financial reporting and operating budgets.
- Cathy XiongAssistant Property ManagerWith six years of real estate experience, Cathy previously specialized in residential management. She was the main tenant liaison and interacted with tenants and vendors on a daily basis. She joined the team at BAB Commercial in 2021 as an Assistant Property Manager and has been an incredible asset to the team in customer relations. She excels with tenant collections, communication and debt-reduction. She can speak and read both Mandarin and Chinese which serves our multilingual tenant-base well. She is enthusiastic, diligent and is able to meet required deadlines.
- Tracy NakagawaSenior Portfolio AccountantTracy started in the real estate industry over 24 years ago as a receptionist at a mom-and-pop commercial management firm in Los Gatos. Tracy interacted with tenants on a daily basis and handled the financial reporting. Later in her career, Tracy was hired at Orchard Commercial where her sole focus was accounting, and she oversaw a large commercial portfolio with heavy reporting and tight budgeting deadlines. Currently, as an integral part of the BAB team, Tracy oversees all financial operations for the company portfolio. She is responsible for managing AR, AP, bank reconciliation, GL management and budgeting, as well as monthly/quarterly/annual reporting. She has an industry known reputation for her customer service and meeting client’s reporting deadlines.
- Michele PalermoSenior Accounting ManagerMichele joined BAB in 2014 and currently serves as the Head Accounting Manager and Controller for all BAB divisions. She oversees the accounting team for Bay Area Builders, BAB Facilities and BAB Commercial. Michele has excelled in all areas of finance for over 30+ years and has a proven track record with a strength and specialty for commercial properties. Michele also works with subcontractors and owners on many T.I. projects; allowing operations to keep moving without delay. Previous to joining BAB, Michele held several managerial positions in the construction industry and managed all accounting processes including, but not limited to: payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliation, monthly and annual reporting, budgeting and general ledger audit and input.
- Nathalie De LeonAccounting ManagerAs a graduate from Cal State East Bay, Nathalie obtained her bachelor’s in business administration with a concentration in accounting. She has over four years of experience in the field and is also a Certified Notary Public in the State of CA. Nathalie is responsible for cash collections, accounts receivable, accounts payable and project billings ensuring all processes run smoothly. Her excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills make her a strong asset to our team. In addition, she has the exemplary ability to prioritize complicated tasks and manage multiple assignments while meeting tight deadlines.
- Brad HeardDirector of FacilitiesBrad joined BAB Facilities Group in 2016 as the Southern CA Regional Manager. Later that year, he became Director of Operations for all BAB facility regions, including Northern CA, Arizona, and Colorado. Most recently, he was named Director of BAB Commercial and works closely with Shannon & Marissa to merge top-level service between both Facilities and Commercial divisions. Prior to BAB FG he worked with Marriott branded hotels for 25 years, Brad worked closely with owners and asset managers in maintaining their large hotel portfolios. Brad focuses on customer service and cost diligence with all of our clients to ensure projects and maintenance needs are met with open communication and respect for timelines.
- Vicki Von DranOperations Account ManagerAs BAB Facilities Group Office Administrator, Vicki is a proud Bay Area native and SJSU alumni with a degree in Psychology. She has worked in various roles including accounting, event management & project coordination for the past 17 years. In 2016 Vicki discovered the Commercial Construction/Facilities industry and has demonstrated how her dynamic experience sets her apart from others. Vicki brings a perfect blend of back-office operations and customer service to the BAB team. Whether she is billing customers’ work orders, verifying department timecards or dispatching techs in the field, she always maintains grace under fire.